Sunday, January 22, 2006

Addicted!

I have been out of Damascus for 26 days!

I don’t wanna get sensitive in here and say what I feel, as I have been avoiding blogging cuz I’m in such a bad mood all the time!

However, of all the things that I miss, there is one thing that has really triggered me to blog here at this very moment of despair!

I spent an hour wandering in the streets looking for a place where I can have a fried chicken! NO FUCKING LUCK! I hate KFC, but I was willing to eat there, and it was closed! It’s snowing out there and it’s Saturday night! People around me in the residence are so hammered and most of them are half naked – please don’t ask me why- and yet, I was outside in a hunt for a fried chicken! I miss the luxury we have in Damascus, where we can get the kind of food we want at any time, day or night! I miss the fried chicken there or as we call it “Broasted Chicken”. I was addicted to it.

I tried to google “Friend Chicken near you”…nothing came out except for KFC!


Now what? I’m here alone and hungry and I ended up ordering pizza….FUCK PIZZA! I hate pizza…. I have eaten pizza a million times ever since I left!

Anyways, the pizza guy has arrived and I gotta run down and get my food!

Grrrrrrr…

10 comments:

Yazan said...

okay.. not a happy post!!
yalla, shedde w betzool ;)

Anonymous said...

Stop complaining and swallow it.

Shannon said...

I saw this headline and thought of your post:

"Syrians oppose US but love KFC."

I also dislike KFC. Hope things look better and you find better food!!!

Anonymous said...

Syrians oppose US But love KFC.
What kind of bullshit is that.
If they oppose the USA they must oppose the US CHICKENS.....

مترجم سوري said...

ya zelemeh u want a fried chicken,make urself a fried one!. get a chicken and put it in a hot oil...and there u have a fied chicken!!

if u want spread flower mixed with eggs and sault.

use ur hand ur mum is not there anymore

x said...

Ihsan, many Pizza places also sell fried chicken.. the chicken isn't all that great, but better than nothing.

I'm not sure where you are, but if your close I can give you a visit.. I know what it's like to be a in a new place

Omar said...

hmm, I'm confused about which blog I should be reading..
residence and half naked people in the hallway.. sounds like my first encounter with the western world when I was studying in London in 1999...
anyway, good luck wherever you are (although I sense a north american bitterness here.. ;) and remember.. there is always take-away chinese food (or all asian for that matter), and depending on where you are, you might even get Arabic foor delivered to your door step.. but for that, you have to be in Montreal..!!!!
anyway.. good luck.. and keep blogging.. someday you will look back at these days with regret for not documenting your experience.. I wish I did for mine..

Anonymous said...

Ihsan,
Pizza Pizza better than Bird flue,
100 Pizz and not allah yir7amoh,
I missed you Man and wish you the best in your new life.
cheers
KaNaKa

Anonymous said...

GROW UP

Lilly said...

God be with you :) nothing is sweet like HOME!